Here’s a step-by-step guide that I put together. It shows exactly how to recycle old paper and make it your own! This is one of the cards that I recently made for the holidays. Once you can make your own paper, it can really be turned into anything- sketchbooks, journals, cards, stationery, gift tags, etc. Perhaps you’d like to make a homemade Valentine!
Take a look.
- Used paper, torn into chunks [roughly palm-sized]
- An old picture frame
- Screen, large enough to cover frame [nylon, charcoal, fiberglass, or mixed]
- Small tub or sink, with a few inches of water in it
- [optional] Liquid starch for clothing
- [optional] Spices, like cinnamon, for scent
- [optional] Grass, leaves, flowers, glitter, etc. for embellishment