Makes 4 cups
Cooking time 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter (ghee)
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) ground meat
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spices (ground nutmeg, ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- Heat the butter (ghee) in a pan.
- Lightly brown the pine nuts and the slivered almonds. Remove and set aside.
- Add the meat to the butter and fry for a few minutes until the raw look disappears.
- Before the meat browns, mix in the chopped onions, salt, pepper, mixed spices and cinnamon.
- Cover, turn down to medium heat and continue to cook until meat is very tender and the juices are absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in the pine nuts and slivered almonds then mix into rice. Mix well.
**Note: The slivered almonds are optional but excellent