For arepas, buy Harina P.A.N. pre-cooked white corn meal for 2 dollars and change.
- Mix equal parts arepa mix and hot water until it’s like play-doh.
- Add as much sugar and shredded cheese as you want.
- Pick a handful, roll into balls, and flatten between your palms.
- Shallow fry in the oil of your choice until golden brown on each side.
- Top with salt, cheese, tuna, chicken, beef. Whatever your ingredient of choice may be.
Or just have them the good old fashion Colombian/Venezuelan way… plain.